Follow the steps below to apply to DOI Fires Vacancy Announcements
Go to: www.usajobs.gov
Create an account and a profile - Create an account and complete your profile with login.gov. For help creating an account / profile, click here.
Sign In (if an account and a profile have been created) - Email/password/choose authentication method.
Resume - Instructions for uploading or building a resume, click here. You must build a resume with the USAJOBS Resume Builder or have an Uploaded Resume on your profile BEFORE applying. Select Documents (on the left-hand side of the screen); then click Upload or Build Resume and follow the steps.
Resume which includes your name and a list of each season and position held, duties performed, dates specified in month/year to month/year format. In addition, the resume must reflect full-time or total number of hours worked per week. Part-time hours can be pro-rated based on number of hours worked per week provided. If military or civilian, please include your rank and/or grade.
- Example: 05/2018 to 08/2018 could be credited as 3 months if 40 hours worked per week (full-time) are listed -or- 2.25 months if 30 hours worked per week are listed -or-1.5 months if 20 hours worked per week are listed.
- Example: 05/2015 to 10/2015 could be credited as 5 months of experience if 40 hours worked per week (full-time) are listed -or- 3.75 months if 30 hours worked per week are listed -or- 2.5 months if 20 hours worked per week are listed.
- Example: Dates listed with month/day/year to month/day/year could be given credit for each to/from date in its entirety if hours worked per week are listed. 05/1/2018 to 08/16/2018 could be credited as 3 months, 16 days if 40 hours worked per week are listed -or- 1 month, 23 days if 20 hours worked per week are listed.
- Work schedule (number of hours worked per week) for all seasons and positions held. One year of experience is equivalent to 12 months at 40 hour per week (full-time). Part-time hours are prorated. You will not receive any credit for a position listed that does not include the number of hours worked per week.
- Grade level for each position and/or season worked in the federal service.
- Detailed description of duties for each position held / season worked.
Search Announcement in USAJOBS - Learn how to search for jobs here.
- Review Vacancy Announcement - Review the announcement thoroughly. The sections describe who is eligible to apply, what experience and/or education is required for the position, and which documents are needed for your application package. For more information about understanding the job announcement, click here.
- Apply - Click the Apply link on the right side of the vacancy announcement. This will direct you to the login page for USAJOBS. Select your USAJOBS resume to submit with your application and proceed through the application process answering all questions. For more information on how to create an application, click here.