- Update your resume and profile information BEFORE you apply to a vacancy announcement.
- It is highly recommended that you review your account profile and your resume information for currency BEFORE applying to vacancies.
- You can verify you have applied to a vacancy and check the status of your application by logging onto USAJOBS. Then on your "Applications" tab, find the vacancy you applied to; the status will be indicated on the far right-hand side of your screen (e.g. Received, Referred, etc.). Clicking on the status indicator will give you more information. If you select, "Additional Application Information", this will take you to the agency site, where more detailed comments may be available..
- If you faxed/uploaded required documents such as a DD-214, Veteran Administration Letters, or College Transcripts previously AND it was successfully received, you may not need to fax/upload again. To verify if previously faxed/uploaded documents are already associated with your application, follow the Faxing/Uploading Steps
- If you have already registered with USAJOBS you don’t need to register again.
- If you forget your USAJOBS User ID and Password, you can reset in USAJOBS.
- Verify that all of your documents are uploaded onto the agency wesite. NOTE: Documents saved in your profile are NOT automatically transferred into your application. You MUST click the "Attach" button on the left hand side of the screen under Documents to Attach for each document you want to transfer from USAJOBS.
- Your answers to the vacancy specific questions will be verified against the information provided in your online resume.
- For more information about FIRES, please go to FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions).