Start with Step 1 if you already applied, but need to attach documentation to your application.
Start with Step 4 if you are currently applying and need to attach documentation.
- Log into My Account on USAJOBS, then select Applications.
- Select the + icon next to the position title; select Update Application at the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-down box.
- Review/select Documents at left-hand side of the Review Package screen and continue following the application process until you get to the Documents section in the agency website.
- You have now arrived at Attach Documents, select either Attach Upload from your computer, Reuse a Document or Fax a Document.
- Attach: to download documents that are saved in your USAJOBS profile.
- Documents saved in your profile are NOT automatically transferred into your application. Click the Attach button on the left hand side of the screen under Documents to Attach for each document you want to transfer from USAJOBS. Select the Document Type from the drop-down menu, then click Attach. You will see the document you transferred under the Review Your Attached Documents section.
- Upload: to upload documents from your computer
- Select Upload from your computer, select the Document Type and type in the description of the document. Select Choose File and search for your document to select. Then click Upload. Once you have uploaded your document, be sure to click on it to review.
- Resuse: to reuse a document you have used before.
- Select Reuse a Document, choose the Document Type. Click Document Name and select the document you would like to re-use. After viewing the document, click Reuse.
- Fax: to generate a fax coversheet and fax the documents into your application.
- Select Fax a Document, then select Document Type. Click Generate Fax Coversheet; it will open in a new window on your screen, you will need to print the coversheet, follow the Fax Instructions, and send it in with your document. NOTE: Fax number is on Coversheet. You should receive an email confirming successful receipt of the fax. If you do not, contact the FIRES Help Desk (888-364-6432 or firstname.lastname@example.org). You may be required to re-fax your documents. The fax machine showing your documents were sent successfully does not mean they were received. Be sure to print out the correct cover sheet to go with the document type so that your document will attach in the right place with your application.
• When you use the instructions above you may or may not see your documents in ‘Saved Documents’ in your USAJOBS account.
• Only send in your documents one way (either Attach, Upload, Reuse, or Fax), due to they override. Example, when you sending in transcripts by fax and then you upload it, we will only see the Uploaded document.
• You do not need to submit the document if it does not apply to you.
• If you are using the UPLOAD or ATTACH options, be sure to click on your document to see what you have uploaded / attached.
• Send in your document as one document with multiple pages not as separate pages, as they will override the last; we only see the last document submitted. Example: 5 pages of College Transcripts need to be sent in as one document with multiple pages, not as separate pages, otherwise we will only see the last page you send in.
• Verify that all the documents are uploaded onto the agency website. NOTE: You will need to click on the Attach button to fully transfer your documents into your application. If you do not push the 'Attach' button, we will NOT be able to see your documents in the system.