Uploading Steps Updated! 08/2020
Start with Step 1 if you already applied, but need to attach documentation to your application.
Start with Step 4 if you are currently applying and need to attach documentation.
- Log into My Account on USAJOBS, then select Applications.
- Select the + icon next to the position title; select Update Application at the bottom left-hand corner of the pop-down box.
- Review/select Documents at left-hand side of the Review Package screen and continue following the application process until you get to the Documents section in the agency website.
- You have now arrived at the Accepted Documents section of the application. Either Attach an Available Document from the drop down next to each document type or Upload a document from your computer.
- Attach an Available Document: to download documents that are saved in your USAJOBS profile.
- Documents saved in your profile are NOT automatically transferred into your application. You will need to select a document from the drop-down next to each type of document you want to transfer from USAJOBS. This is located under the Available Documents section. You will see the documents you transferred under the Review & Submit section of the application. Click on the Documents to view/review the documents you attached.
- Upload: to upload documents from your computer
- Select Upload from your computer, select the Document Type and type in the description of the document. Select Choose File and search for your document to select. Then click Upload. Once you have uploaded your document, be sure to click on it to review.
• When you use the instructions above you may or may not see your documents in Saved Documents in your USAJOBS account.
• Only send in your documents one way (either Attach or Upload) because they will override each other. For example, when you upload transcripts and then also attach another transcript, we will only see the second attached version.
• You do not need to submit the document if it does not apply to you.
• If you are using the UPLOAD or ATTACH options, be sure to click on your document afterward to verify you have uploaded/attached the correct document.
• Upload or Attach your document as one document with multiple pages not as separate pages, as each additional document will override the last and we will only see the last document submitted. Example: 5 pages of College Transcripts need to be Attached or Uploaded as one document with multiple pages, not as five separate pages, otherwise we will only see the last page you added.
• Verify that all the documents are uploaded to the agency website. NOTE: You will need to select an available document from the dropdown button to fully transfer your documents into your application from your USAJOBs profile. If you do not select a document, we will NOT be able to see your documents in the system.
For more information about how to upload, click here.