Follow the steps below to apply to Fires Vacancy Announcements
Step 1 Go to: www.usajobs.gov
Step 2 Select Sign in(top right hand corner) or Create a Profile. To create an account you are asked to fill out a short form and select "I agree. Create Account." Once submitted, you will be asked to confirm your account by logging into your e-mail and clicking the link sent to you. After confirming your account, you must complete your profile in USAJOBS before applying to vacancies.
Step 3 RESUME: You must build a resume with the USAJOBS Resume Builder or have an Uploaded Resume on your profile BEFORE applying. Select Documents on the left hand side of the screen. Then, click Upload or Build Resume and follow the steps to build or upload your resume.
Click here for more information on USAJOBS Resume Builder.
Step 4 FIND VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Click on Search, then fill in the block with the information you are searching for in either the Key Words or Location box. Once complete, select Search and you will see the list of open vacancy announcements.
Step 5 REVIEW VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: Review the announcement thoroughly. The sections describe who is eligible to apply, what education and/or experience is required for the position, and which documents are needed for your application package.
Step 6 APPLY: Click the Apply link on the right side of the vacancy announcement. This will direct you to the login page for USAJOBS. Select your USAJOBS resume to submit with your application and proceed through the application process answering all questions.
Step 7 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION: If applicable, attach all required documents (refer to the â€˜Required Documentsâ€™ section of each vacancy announcement). Follow the Faxing/Uploading Steps.
You must complete the entire application process and be redirected back to USAJOBS to successfully apply to a vacancy announcement.
Step 8 APPLICATION STATUS: Click the "+" to see more application details. You can filter your application by status. You will be notified through e-mail if you are referred.
TIP: At the bottom of the page select Help/FAQs
Updating Your Application:
- You have until the closing date of a job vacancy to edit your answers to the vacancy questions. You MUST complete all steps below in order for your updated information to be received.
- Sign into your USAJOBS account.
- Go to your Applicaitons and find the application you would like to update.
- Click the "+" icon to see all of the application details.
- Review the Closing Date - you can no longer update the application if the job is closed.
- Click Update Application.
- You will be sent to the Review of the USAJOBS application process and then click Continue to Agency Site - this is the final step in the USAJOBS application system.
- Complete the remaining steps of your application in the agency application system.
- Click Submit in the agency application system - your application will not be updated until you submit the application again.
You may edit your personal information and resume at anytime during the open period of the announcement. After you edit your personal information or resume in My Account you must REAPPLY to the open vacancy announcement and complete the application process to overwrite the previously submitted information.